Ways To Boost Testosterone (Male)
Testosterone is a male hormone, produced by testes that is essential for development of reproductive tissues and development of male secondary sexual characteristics (increased muscle and bone mass, facial hair).
Testosterone plays a key role in maintaining men’s health. Even women produce testosterone but at lower levels than men.
Importance of Testosterone in male
Testosterone belongs to a group of male hormones called steroids or anabolic steroids (it is a sex hormone). Pituitary gland and brains hypothalamus controls the production of testosterone. Once produced, the hormone moves through the blood to carry out its various important functions. That is why it is very important for good health in men.
Men with low levels are more at risk of having higher cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
Functions of Testosterone
In men, testosterone is thought to regulate a number of functions alongside sperm production. These include:
- red blood cell production
- bone mass
- sex drive
- fat distribution
- muscle size and strength
- helps determining the gender of developing fetuses.
- development of facial hair growth
- development of male genital at puberty.
- development of a deeper voice
- helps sperm to mature
- responsible to maintain quality of the sperm
- development of prostate gland
- testosterone promotes metabolism in men,
- helps reduce total body fat.
Effects of imbalance in Testosterone levels
Maintaining proper levels of testosterone is very important, because either high or low levels of testosterone can cause number of dysfunctions in the body. Low testosterone levels can lead to the following issues in men
- low levels of energy
- deposits of visceral fat increases
- low sex drive
- decreased muscle strength
- enlarged or swollen breast tissue
- erectile dysfunction
The fact that testosterone in men helps regulate muscles and bones, low levels can lead to muscle and strength loss.
Check your testosterone levels
It is very important to maintain testosterone levels for your well-bieng.consider taking testosterone test, it is done by measuring the male hormone testosterone in blood. Huge amounts of testosterone is bound to a protein called sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). Total testosterone test measures the level of serum or bound testosterone in the blood. This test will help understand the level of testosterone in the blood. If you have low testosterone levels, it can always be boosted by taking few measures. You should consider this test to monitor the testosterone levels in the blood.
When you need to consider getting checked for testosterone levels
Testosterone is a hormone, that reflects the sexual characteristics of a man.Low or high levels can indicate health problems associated with the manliness or masculinity of a man.
If you are experiencing the following symptoms get tested for testosterone levels:
In men the following symptoms are observed:
- fatigue or hot flashes
- erectile dysfunction
- lack of sexual drive
- low levels of testosterone in men
- leads to reduction in muscle mass
- thinning of bone mass
- testicular tumors in men
- lack of semen Volume
- hair loss
- pituitary disorders
- weight gain
- mood swings
- sleep disorders
- infertility in men and women
- delayed puberty or early puberty
- shrunken testes
The treatment for low testosterone is done through Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT), this can be given in the form of injection, topical gel or skin patch having testosterone to compensate the missing testosterone in your body. But there are other natural ways that can help boost your testosterone levels
Our body naturally makes a hormone called DHEA that converts to testosterone.
Here are ways to boost testosterone naturally
Testosterone, a hormone often associated with manhood. Why not? It has indeed a very important role in male sexuality and reproduction. But the levels of testosterone doesn’t stay the same the whole life, it declines as the man ages. There are also other factors that cause testosterone levels to drip. But you can always hope for the ways to increase testosterone levels
- Exercise – Exercise is not only good for your whole body, but also boosts your testosterone levels. It is studied that men who are into intense strength training have good testosterone levels, as you strengthen your muscles, the amount of testosterone your body produces increases, but you need to lift weights regularly to see the result.it is recommended that consuming whey protein after exercise can further elevate your testosterone levels.
- Relieve yourself from stress –submitting yourself to mental stress can have a huge impact on your testosterone levels ,the more you are mentally stressed it affects the body’s ability to make testosterone and utilize it within tissues, When you are extremely stressed your body releases cortisol, that reduces the effects of testosterone on your body, so stay away from stress
- Healthy Diet- now a days it is becoming a trend to eat diet that is low in everything that is fat, carbs, proteins and other nutrients, but eliminating saturated fats from animal sources and plant sources can affect your testosterone production. Your body needs specific nutrients like vitamin D, vitamin D3 and zinc. To produce adequate amounts of testosterone, to get these nutrients. Include foods such as pomegranate, whey Protein, broccoli , cauliflower , raw pumpkin seeds ,oysters , olive oil ,coconut , sardines, ,cashews, red meat, , egg yolks, dark chocolate, cheese and wild-caught salmon. These foods naturally boost your testosterone levels, your libido and your sperm count
- Lose weight to boost testosterone – a low testosterone levels can affect your overall health, strength, sexuality and feeling of well-being.it can deprive you your mental peace. you need to do whatever you can to increase your testosterone levels, for this you need to be fit ,so concentrate on losing weight, through diet and exercise, Losing weight not only reduces the risk of diseases but also increases their body’s production of testosterone
Frequent dieting or overeating may lower your testosterone levels
- Cut down on alcohol – drinking excess alcohol does no good for your overall health and also decreases your testosterone levels. If you are a heavy drinker ,you need to limit your intake to reduce the chances of decreasing your testosterone levels
- Stay away from processed and packaged food –it is very important to maintain a healthy eating habit, what you eat has a major effect on your testosterone levels ,you need to cut down on processed,packaged food that may contain sugar ,refined flour and other preservatives that can lead to obesity and low testosterone levels.
- Get enough sleep –develop the habit of following a healthy sleep patterns, get at least 7-8 hours of good sleep, it is known to keep your testosterone levels on check, lack of quality sleep can lower amount of testosterone your body produces
According to studies your lifestyle choices play the major part in maintaining testosterone levels. Exercise, sleep, stress, and obesity can all affect hormone levels. To maintain the balance of your testosterone levels, you must exercise regularly, lose weight, and take nutritious diet. Some medications like may also lead to lower production of testosterone in your body, so consult your doctor about this issue and take proper precautions.