Benefits of Eating Healthy Food
Eating healthy is a great way to maintain a healthy weight, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer .Eating a well-planned diet with right amounts of fruits, vegetables, grains, poultry, meat and dairy can promote a healthy living.
Let us check the benefits of eating healthy food
- Reduces the risk of cancer – Eating foods rich in antioxidants destroy free radicals, counteracting their destructive effects on the your health .Fruits and vegetables are loaded with antioxidants, which help your body defend against potentially harmful free radicals. Include fresh vegetables and fruits in your everyday diet. They promote strong immunity and will meet the body’s requirement for daily dose of vitamins and minerals and reduce the risk of dreadful disease like cancer.
- Good for brain health – According to studies as we reach our old age we are at risk for brain diseases like Alzheimer or dementia. But if we truly pay attention to your diet it can really pay off. We can switch to food that may help us to control the health, vitality, and functionality of our brain. Although there is no one brain food that can protect your brain, a varied of diet keeps your brain functioning properly, and it can promote good mental health as well. So include foods that are good for brain like – whole grain are great source of energy that is needed by the brain to function normally, red wine is known to improve blood flow in the brain because it is high in polyphenols, making it more active to carry out various cognitive functions, spinach is another great source of folate, lutein, vitamin K and contains antioxidant properties that shields brain from the attack of free radicals. There are many other foods that can improve brain health, you can also talk to your doctor and find about the foods that are healthy for brain.
- Helps strengthen immunity – If you eat foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, fish and meat products, you are on the right track, they are all great foods that supply the body with essential vitamins, minerals and fats needed to strengthen muscles and promote immunity.
- Helps build your body – Proteins have an important role in building up our body. Every part of body needs protein to develop, grow and function properly. It is essential to include protein in your diet sources of protein are lentils, eggs, beans, milk products, sea food, soy, white meat poultry, oats, almonds, broccoli, quino, whey protein etc. So include these foods in your daily diet and enjoy a healthy living.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease – It is very important to keep your heart healthy for a long life. So include foods that are good for heart. Eat a balanced diet, and also include moderate amount of healthy fats such as those found in nuts, seeds, fish, chicken, oils and plant oils that helps protect your heart.
Conclusion – There are innumerable advantages of a healthy eating, it keeps you physically fit and mentally stable. So plan a diet that provides enough nutrients to all the organs of your body for a smooth functioning and a healthy life.